Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What a Blow!

I guess fairytales do not last forever. Yesterday I got home after a normal workday and changed my clothes and got ready for a run. My sweetheart and I went for an amazing run even though I had a stomache. I had this strange feeling all day that something was going to happen. After an amazing run and a cool down I got the hey I got this call today.
Since my hormones are already in an uproar I tried my best to not go off the deep end. The Sherriff's department from Whatcom County ( where he is from ) called asking him to come in for phase 4 testing.
So me being who I am said he should go because he has wanted this for so long. I was fighting back the tears and anger because he just got here and is getting settled in. We talked about it and I explained that its a great opportunity and that we will get through this no matter what. He shouldn't even worry about me and if need be I can pack his stuff and send it to him. Of course he was a little shocked by my reaction but who am I to hold him back. I know in my heart that he turned all the other offers down for this one. I don't want him to leave so soon but will support him no matter what and hope that if this all goes through he will still want to be a part of my life.
As the night went on we talked off and on and I have preparted myself for the worst because lately that is what usually happens.
I had a nightmare just the night before where he left and many other things happened in that one as well. I pray that God helps us through this. I also wish him luck as we make flight arrangements for him to go back for his testing.

1 comment:

Frankies Queen said...

Honey, I am soo very sorry you are going through soo much! I am here for you no matter what! Call me when you can chat... I feel badly that I have not talked to you in a few days..I have been resting as much as possible but that is no excuse...Love you ♥ It will all work out in the end and remember...this too shall pass!!!