Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Day in the Life of Divorce!

Why is it people say one thing and do another. So this entire time I have tried to do the right thing and be objective only to find out that lawyers are going to be involved. It totally amazes me that he honestly thinks that I am that dumb. I have verbally agreed to not take things that I am authorized to have half. In this process I realized that our children should be more important and that is the main reason I am not seeking more.

I just wanted out of a marriage that wasn't working and hadn't been for a long time. I wanted our children to grow up with what love should be and not have them think that control and belittling is normal. I wanted to be equal and have input on major decisions and feel important to the other person and not just a maid, housewife or anything along those lines.

I stupidly thought that if I kept a clean house and cooked meal, took care of the kids and worked a job to bring in my share that we should be equal and would feel important and special. All to realize that I was never in the top 5 nor would I be until the kids were grown and gone. I was asked to continue my education to better myself and stay equal when all that did was cause problems and have the other person tell me what type of degree I should pursue. I am very glad that I did follow with my bachelors and will continue my degree plan here in the near future.

I only hope that through this entire process that I can be the better person and stick to what I agreed upon with a few minor changes. I have worked just as hard and sacrificed many things in order for our children to have what they need. I have had to swallow my pride a little and ask for help from my family to get a lawyer as well to make sure that we are on the same page.

Through the grace of God I will survive.

1 comment:

Frankies Queen said...

You will survive and remember that Living well is the best revenge sweetheart!! You did the right thing and although its probably going to get worse before it gets better you have a wonderful man by your side who will love you thru it all :)