Friday, December 19, 2008

Tis the Season

So here it is the kids are done with school for a few weeks in order to Celebrate Christ's birth what a wonderful thing. I am so grateful this year to have my children in good schools and learning about religion. We used to go to church and over the years we slacked off. We still say our prayers which are very important. Today is a hard day for me simply because with all the changes in my life this year I am spending Christmas without my two wonderful children.

Last night I dropped them off at their Dad's and had to say that good bye for two weeks. Wow, was that hard Tori and I didn't want to stop hugging and Tim he was being a teenager and went up stairs like it wasn't a big deal. Of course I left in tears and my heart hurting so bad but I managed. I had a wonderful man waiting for my call to help me through this transition. The guilt sets in when you see your children such a mess. But I realize that what I did was for the best.

Now my new life begins, I will have this weekend and part of next week to prepare for my new life. I am every excited about being happy every day and being with someone who loves me and lets me love them back completely. I can talk about my day and not worry if its a topic he doesn't want to hear about. I get to be me the person who was lost for so long.

I am starting new traditions and making new memories that will last a life time. I look forward to the snow and cold as well. I also look forward to the drive back home together to our place.

A little about the kids though they have gone through many changes and I appluad them for being such good troopers. I know this has been really hard for them and we talk about all their feelings and how we will get through this. There is always good that comes out of every change and this is the communication part with all the changes both my children talk to me more now than before and we do family type meetings to discuss our feeling or how things are going. Tim my oldest is going through so many changes due to his age and we also talk about those and Tori she is adjusting to not having her friend group anymore. It is nice to know that both my children feel comfortable talking to me.

Our family will do Christmas in January and we will all be together and happy and make new traditions and start the new year together

1 comment:

Frankies Queen said...

I am so very proud of you for keeping your chin up even when your heart is breaking in two!! I understand exactly where you are right now and know that you are in my thoughts more than ever. Make good use of your time like we talked about and enjoy every moment with the man who loves you so very much! You deserve it and dont you forget that! Cheers to your new traditions and new found hope in the exciting life that awaits you!