Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday is finally here!

Yeah! I am so glad its Friday. I can finally get a little break. I am excited about spending this weekend with my wonderful children. It is hard knowing that we will be apart for the holidays this year but we will all get through it. I do not have any decorations up yet and that is something we are planning on doing. The kids have their Christmas show tonight and I am looking forward to that as well.

The whole divorce thing isn't so bad except when it comes to the children. Of course I want them with me I have been there the entire time. I sacrificed and let the kids stay with their Dad for many reasons. Number one is that I didn't have any furniture in my place for the first two months and two he needed to experience what it is really like doing it all on your own. During the years of our marriage I would hear when he deployed that it isn't that hard we can change places. Funny how now he makes comments about not having any time for himself. Humm, imagine that. Do I feel sorry for him no. My children yes because their idea of a perfect family has fallen apart. Am I happier now absolutely. I have a wonderful man in my life who treats me like a an equal and a person.

I am celebrating the holiday this year with a very heavy heart and through God's prayers we will get through this time. I wish my children a Merry Christmas and bring them home safely. I am not sure what I would have done without God in my life to get me through this rough spot in my life.

No comments: