Monday, December 8, 2008

Life as it is

I am sitting at my desk and very thankful for everything I have. As the holidays approach we all tend to get a little crazy and forget the real reason for the season. Which is Christ dying on the cross for our sins. I have noticed more people are out on the streets asking for money or food. I also read an article the other day stating how many people were laid off last month. I am so thankful to have my job. I thank the Lord everyday to be where I am and have my children and a wonderful man in my life.

We all go through changes and challenges but that is what life is all about. Today reading an email there was a quote from the Dali Lama "Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it". Wow isn't that true if we all look back through our lives I am sure many times we have given up things to get where we are today. I know I have given up many things and today I have someone who supports me 100% in order to be happy and by myside. What a difference than before. I am still skiddish at times simply because during our differences things are said or brought to our attention and that wall goes up to keep me from getting hurt which does cause more problems.

This weekend was another weekend of differences due to me being on reserve duty and not having the time to chat or talk as usual. When I did get the time I didn't respond as I should have and went on with my normal routine instead of taking the time to communicate and work things out. Today we are much better and I realize that I am a little selfish simply because my reserve weekends caused so many problems in my marriage that I wasn't going to let that happen with this relationship. I do love him very much and I am so looking forward to the next step.

I have also learned over the past two years that communication is the key and it takes both parties for it to happen. I listen more and talk less in order to understand what is going on.

As for the holiday and gifts it is a slim Christmas but many new memories will be made and those can never be bought. I am so looking forward to seeing what lies ahead of us.

No comments: