Thursday, December 4, 2008

Preparing for the Holidays

As we all start our shopping and decorating the stress starts about how can we manage everything from day to day. I almost got myself completely caught up on the idea of making sure I have everyone covered and truely forgot the reason we celebrate. I am so thankful to have Christ in my life who helps me everyday.

After reading through some different posts of friends it came to me that I am doing better than I give myself credit. I have two beautiful children and my health a job and a roof over my head. I also have a wonderful man in my life who makes me so happy.

Yes, things are tight and I have had many ruff spots but now my life is actually turning around. I say my prayers and will be going back to church very soon to help me live a christian life. My children are doing better all the time and we are enjoying our time together along with the memories of trips and times spent together.

I am so grateful for my friends because without them I wouldn't have gotten this far. It is so nice to have such a great support group. Unfortunately I don't really have any who live close but we have the internet and that will always keep us close.

So I will finish the holiday season with a better attitude and I thank God everyday for the life I have been given.

2 comments:

Frankies Queen said...

I love your attitude just as much as I love YOU my friend!! The love in your heart is all your children really need just remember that! I dont know what I would have done all these years without your friendship and I cherish it ever so much! Its not the quantity at the holidays but the quality of friends and family around you, just remember that! I am PROUD of you and remain so...I am happy you have a Mr. Wonderful in your life to share these times with good and bad... lean on him thats part of what he is there for honey :) Have a great weekend!

Nichole said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful words I hope that soon we can see each other and spend some time together. I am also grateful that we have stayed such good friends. It pains me to know all that you have been through and I am so far away.