Monday, November 17, 2008

The weekend drama

What a weekend, I had a luncheon that I put together for work and it turned out nice. Then I get a phone call that my furniture will be delivered at 2 today (Friday) instead of Saturday. I am excited about getting it but didn't want to leave work early. Well I went to get my furniture which also meant that I couldn't pick the kids up from school. I called and had their Dad do it which is fine, but then, he explains that they cannot come over until their rooms are clean and their chores are done. I start upacking boxes as they unload the trailer and put things aside for him since I won't use the stuff and he wanted it.

Sometimes I think no matter how hard you try to get along it just doesn't happen.

I was trying to be nice and make sure that he has his tools and yard stuff since he enjoys working in the yard. I called and asked that he bring the truck over to get his things and of course I get the let me look at it and see if I want it

As if the day didn't get worse I had upset the new person in my life because I am slowly draining all of my bank accounts to make ends meet. This person wants to help me but I didn't feel comfortable taking money from him. Not that I wouldn't, just didn't feel it was his place. This is where I have issues because of the type of marriage I was in. I do not like being dependent on someone else nor do I ever want to hear all I do is spend his money. Wait if we are supposed to be a team and we both work isn't it our money? (Just a thought)

So needless to say I start his day off bad because I wouldn't ask for help. He is moving here after the 1st of the year and will pay is share of bills but I didn't feel comfortable asking for help so soon. This sent things into a tailspin and it just kept getting worse because he had a crappy day at work. We talked some but didn't set things straight. On Saturday my daughter had a soccer game in San Jose so it was a ride and her Dad wasn't going to go but changed his mind and picked us up so we could ride together. It wasn't to bad but there was no conversation in either direction let alone while at the game. I was going to drive myself but took the offer of the ride to save gas and mileage on my truck. This caused even more problems because I forgot and left my phone in the car and I was with him. Needless to say I felt as if I was being punished and it just wouldn't end.

The game went well Tori played well and the girls fought hard to win but unfortunately lost by one goal. The weather was beautiful and I got to see here play and spend time with both my children. We got home and started unpacking boxes again. Yeah! not so much.

Due to not having my phone there were messages from my man and he wasn't happy with me at all. He was having a really bad day and needed to talk but I wasn't answering. I tried to explain but it didn't matter he was to far gone. As the day went on I knew it was going to be interesting when he got off work. He sent me a message finally saying he was off and that is when we started to work on this issue. I tried to explain myself and once I told him that I was with my ex that didn't help matters at all. We talked off and on but it wasn't good conversation and to be honest I didn't know what to do to fix the problem. Finally around 11:00 that night we worked through all of the problems and started mending things to start Sunday out much better.

Sunday was a nice day slept in some and then I cooked breakfast and started tackling the rest of the boxes in one of the kids room. The kids played outside for a while and of course I was inside trying to organize and scale down what I had. I felt much better about my relationship with my new man but it worries me how he gets angry and then I am blunt of it. I know that due to the two blasts he recieved this is a problem but lately it seems to be getting worse. The seperation between us is really driving a wedge which causes its own problems. He is by himself where I get to spend time with my kids and that bothers him quite a bit because he wants to be here with us.

Ugg what a weekend glad its over and I feel much better now.

No comments: