Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday November 14, 2008

Do we ever feel comfortable financially to stop worrying about money? I find myself thinking about it more and more everyday. Just when I think I have a handle on it something else comes up. Recently seperated has been an eye opener I used to shop whenever and never worry about when the next check is coming. Now however, I worry am I going to have enough to make all the bills, put gas in my truck and buy groceries. I am not really complaining just a very humbling experience. I grew up scraping pennies to buy bread and promised myself I would never go back.

I have so many things to be greatful for even if I don't have much money. I have two beautiful children and a man who really loves me and accepts me for who I am. I have grown so much since my return from Iraq. I completed my bachelors degree and I also gained confidence to move on and live life. I believe that when you love someone you should mean it and not make it a chore or please that person because you feel that is how its supposed to be. Love should be something that you cannot control and come naturally not an effort. If you love someone let them know but only say "I love you" if you really mean it.

As a woman we face many challenges and being the person to make the first move from a 14 year marriage was pretty tough but in my heart I knew it was the right thing to do. I had a bad habit of always making things appear as if nothing was wrong when inside I was dying and lost who I was from when we first met and got married. I do realize that people change over time but that doesn't mean you forget about the relationship. The one thing people don't talk about when it comes to marriage are the challenges and how to make it grow and stay strong. I asked myself many times am I in this for the right reasons and the answer kept coming up the same "no". I knew after trying time and time again it was time to end and start over. I never meant to hurt him but knew that it would get ugly if I stayed. I have to say that I am much happier now and every day becomes a little easier. I spend more quality time with my two children and I can keep promises and love someone completely now.

1 comment:

Frankies Queen said...

I am soooo PROUD of you sweetie!! You have come a long way and even though its hard and humbling is worth it because you are finally being true to yourself and many people love a life of denial because its just easier... we both struggle sometimes but the pay off is priceless and we sleep better at night too :)Glad you have another outlet and we can share here too... Love You!