Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Communication

As we go through life we communicate on a daily basis. But do we truly talk to hear ourselves or is this talking making a difference. I have learned the hardway the just because you talk doesn't mean that you are communicating. Recently I had a long conversation with the new Man of my life. From past experience I have learned to be honest and speak to the other person by using words that do not put blame on the other one. As the times passes we all learn more about each other and sometimes this could bother us or we can choose to accept that person for who they are. I have always been a very understanding person and put everyone else before me. This particular situation I decided to be honest and put myself first.

After being away from each other for a few weeks there was some concern on both parties. We sat down and decided to talk about the current situation and what was happening. For the first time every I was completely honest and stated my true feelings and concerns. I feel so much better and this brought the two of us even closer together. I do believe that God works in mysterious ways. I am trying to be more proactive in this relationship and communicate better.

If there is anything to gain from this posting it would be to speak from the heart and use words that come from you without putting blame or having anger to them. Explain your concerns in a manner that shows the future or what may happen if there needs to be a change.

No comments: