Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Making a Hard Decision

Here it is February and next month will be a year out from when the ex is moving. I had the talk with my kids a few days ago. I feel bad that they need to decide whom to live with but they need to figure out and make their decisions. I explained to them that if they really want to live with their Dad because he is able to provide a better life for them then by all means go with him. I also let them know that what they are experiencing now will not continue once he gets down there and starts working his new job in at the Head Quarters of the Marine Corps. This was a tough talk because I want them with me very much. They are old enough to know that life isn't about money and materialistic things.

I have showed them love, nurturing and have been there when they needed me. I will continue to do all those things but probably from a distance. I want them to stay for the right reasons and not with all the attitudes. I feel deep down inside that it was the right thing to do and will continue to pray that God touches all of us involved to use the right words and really see what each person has to offer.

No comments: