Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Day!

As I sat in Church yesterday listening to the sermon of Taming your Tongue it really hit home. I have been going through some tough times lately. Or as some of us would say some challenges in life. As my divorce is drawing to a close there is always something else that seems to pop up. My children and I are creating better relationships and my finances are finally starting to work out.

The big challenge is dealing with the ex. He just doesn't really want to let go and wants to cause so much pain in everyones life. We both know that things could have been better, I truly tried and I finally turned over everything to God and have forgiven myself for all the things that went wrong. This was a hard thing to do but I know that is was the right thing to do.

I have a close friend who has helped me through this. Its very hard to do all this when all the people I am close to live thousands of miles away. I try to be this strong person and live life but I really wasn't following through with the advice or totally giving it to God to handle.

I am feeling much better now that I have asked for the forgiveness and realize that it wasn't all my fault and by fighting for what is mine isn't the wrong thing to do its taking care of me because no one else will do it. I know that with all the changes that lay ahead of me I will get through this. There will be many changes in this next year and hopefully I will be closer to home and with my family and friends.

1 comment:

Frankies Queen said...

I am proud of you and how you have come through this with grace and dignity...Only GOd above knows what is in store for the future, I am prayful and HOPEFUL that we will be on the same coast in the not too distant future! I love you dearly and know that your light is shining bright for HIM!